It’s a super lightweight riflescope with multi-coated optical system. It’s water-resistant as well as fog-proof. It is easy to use, anytime and anywhere. Depending on your choice you can use either the red dot sight or green dot sight. Attached to AR 15 platform rifles, StrikeFire 2 shows that red dot excels but it splendidly withstands the heavy striking recoil.
Another best thing is its instant conversion to night vision compatibility when power is turned to the lowest setting. The cantilever ring mount and CR2 battery makes this scope more valuable.
Key Features of Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight
The best part of my night hunting ventures is compact sized Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 scope on my AR 15 rifle. Certainly the features of anything, make it worthy to buy. Same holds for my rifles and their compatible scopes.
This is the reason, I always go through detailed information and reviews about any shooting equipment prior to finalizing the purchase decision. You should also do the same and believe me your decision will not be wrong at all.
So, just have a generic look at Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 features before I move on to their details.
Now let me convey some essential details about the significant features this scope has for you.
‘Red/Green Dot’ gives the shooters an open choice to select any dot color. This 4 MOA dual color dot reticle is ideal for shooting situations that demand the split-second target acquisition. I prefer this scope because it provides adjustable dot intensity with ten flexible illumination settings including the ones compatible to night-vision.
- Optical System:
Multi-coated lenses and other anti-reflective coatings of this scope on all air-to-glass surfaces greatly enhance the light transmission.
It offers constant magnification of 1x. However, there is a screw-in 2x magnifier that increases the versatility of this rifle scope. Though it reduced my field of view but it enlarges the zoom level along with increase in effective targeting distance.
Similar to Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight, this scope has unlimited eye-relief. Having Non-critical eye-relief means the scope is best suitable for rapid target acquisition.
- Cantilever Ring Mount:
I like this convincing feature of Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight. It helps in putting the optic bore center (40 mm) above the base, giving lower 1/3 co-witness with iron sights on AR-15 rifles (usually with flat top).
What Benefits you can enjoy from this scope?
You may have got hold on few great scopes in the past and perhaps the cheapest ones, just like I did. But my experience with Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight with Cantilever Mount (SF-RG-501) compels me to suggest you to purchase it too. You would love to have it in your stock.
- Considering the price, it’s quite affordable.
- Its value exceeds beyond the money you will spend buying it.
- Quality of this scope is just beyond the expectations. Simply WOW!
- It’s one of my darlings because of the ease it gives me on use.
- Being just under a pound, it is pretty light in weight.
- It’s one of the most sturdy models launched by Vortex
- Changing the dot color brings great benefit to your shooting
- Weight isn’t a barrier to its construction excellence and its very well-built
- Its CR2 battery has 6-hour auto-shutdown feature. This enhances the battery life means you can use it for long time without any disruption.
- Its offers minimal to no parallax inaccuracies for your uninterrupted shooting (no need to make continuous adjustments)
All the adaptable features make this scope a remarkable shooting gear. It is best to use if you don’t want to get frustrated when hunting. This usually happens when your reticle is not adaptable to surroundings. But with this scope, you can quickly adjust the dot with a simple press of a button.
Pros and Cons
With what Rifles you can use this scope?
You can use it for M&P 15 (Smith & Wesson) and Ruger .22 etc.., but this scope is a best fit for AR platform rifles.
Tips to use Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight
‘Do the things that bring pleasure to you’ is my life’s motto. Thanks to my shooting endeavors that always make my days full of contentment. When it comes about hunting, you must be extra careful with your gears.
- Mount on your rifle watchfully and fix it accurately
- Don’t leave any loose points especially the locks
- Keep the lens clean, free of scratches for improved results
- Detach the scope when not in use and place at safe place (out of kids reach)
- Do great practice to get maximum of its benefits
- Keep fair distance between your eye and scope
What customers are saying on Amazon.com?
If you are in search of high quality to price ratio, buy Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight rifle scope. Its provided features and performance factor are far ahead of any other scope justifying my money spent on it.
All in all you will love the durable and uninterrupted performance of this scope.
Incoming search terms:
- vortex strikefire 2 review
- vortex strike force 2 review